The Middletown Farmers Market is an award winning community driven weekday farmers market bringing together the best local farmers and artisans, food trucks, and entertainers.
Applications are NOT currently being accepted for the 2023 Season!
Look for information regarding the 2024 Season on or about February 1, 2024.
New vendors are encouraged to apply at any time during the season through October 1st.
You will be contacted to provide any additional needed information and/or samples of your product for review by market staff.
Entertainers may be required to provide an sample of their performance to be considered.
We encourage potential vendors to visit the market prior to submitting an application.
However, no decisions regarding applications will be made during market hours.
Information for All Potential Vendors
- The Middletown Farmers Market is a producer only market. Vendors must grow or make what they sell, or provide a specific service.
- Resale/retail does not apply to most products at the Market. All resale/retail products must be approved by the Market Managers through a specific process, and are clearly identified for customers.
- Arts and crafts being handcrafted by local artisans are permitted for sale, but must meet strict criteria and be approved in advance by the Market Manager.
- Flea Market and Yard Sale items are not permitted for sale.
- Local Small Businesses are encouraged to participate in the market if they meet vendor requirements.
- Vendors sign a yearly agreement and agree to adhere to Middletown Farmers Market rules.
- Vendors supply their own tents, tables, and other equipment.
- Electricity and Running Water are not provided.
- Convenient access to Restroom Facilities may be limited during market hours.
- Vendors are required to hold the certifications and licenses required for their products by Maryland Department of Agriculture, the Frederick County Health Department, and/or the Frederick County Office of the Fire Marshal.
- Vendors must live within 50 miles of the market, or within a one hour drive. While proximity to the market is considered, it does not ensure your ability to join--many other factors are considered.
- Vendors must apply and be approved prior to participating in markets.
- A grower who raises a single crop may apply to be a guest vendor for the time that crop is in season.
Additional Information for Entertainers and Food Trucks
- While we typically book entertainers and food trucks for all weeks of the market prior to the start of the season.
- New entertainers and food trucks are still are encouraged to apply at any time during the season through October 1st.
- The market does not pay Entertainers to perform.
- Entertainers are welcome to collect tips.
- Entertainers are permitted to sell related merchandise such as tee shirts, cds, stickers, etc. (Producer's Only rule is waived.)
- Entertainers are not limited to only musicians, other talented folks including face painters, magicians, and jugglers, are welcome.
- We understand that 3 hours is a long time to perform in public.
- Entertainers are welcome to participate for as little as one hour--we would recommend from 5 to 6 PM.
- Entertainers are absolutely welcome to participate for the full three hours, and should do so if possible (with appropriate breaks.)
Please remember that you may not participate in the market until your application has been approved.
If you do not hear from us within 10 days, please contact email@example.com